Thursday, December 20, 2007

George Bailey, I'll Love You 'Til the Day I Die

I just finished watching "It's a Wonderful Life" with a few friends. It was the first time for two of them...which made it even more fun.

I love that movie every time I watch it...tonight it was like introducing an old friend to my new friends. I wanted these people to love this movie like I love it...for its quirks, its moments of over-sentimentality...

Though Bethany fell asleep toward the end (it was 1am), I think she enjoyed it...
And Zack's been waiting to watch it--this made six years he'd been promised a first-time viewing...so I'm hoping it was worth the wait.

Josh, Jeff and I made it through the whole thing...though we've each seen it more than a dozen times...Jason has seen it so many times we had to convince him to stay awake and watch it...

"No Man is a Failure Who Has Friends"

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I cry just reading your words. It's a Wonderful Life IS an friend that I love to share with people...
Most of us have had dreams that we didn't get to see fulfilled and each of us has had a time when we feel like there is no sense in life, like there is no reason to keep going. So many of us have made it through those times because of the love and kindness and support of true friends.
THAT'S what this movie is about.
My line? "You see George? You really had a Wonderful Life!"
I cry and hear, "Julie" instead of George.
We ALL just need a little reminder sometimes...

sunshine said...

i love that!!! ah... i just saw it at vanguard! ah soo good!