Monday, December 24, 2007

Ch-ch-changes

LAST CHRISTMAS:
  • I lived with my dad.
  • I had blond hair.
  • I spent Christmas Eve at the Jensen's.
  • I was being called "Aunt Allison"...thinking I would become a staple of this family's Christmas traditions.
  • I would spend Christmas morning there, before heading to lunch with my dad.
  • I was going to spend New Year's in Seattle.

THIS CHRISTMAS:
  • I live in my own place.
  • I have black hair.
  • I spent Christmas Eve with both sides of my family.
  • I am not on the verge of being added to anyone's family traditions.
  • I will spend Christmas morning by myself and then head to my Bum & Papa's (Christmas with my dad is not until next week)
  • I will spend New Year's in Orange County.

POTENTIAL NEXT CHRISTMAS:
  • I will live in Kenya.
  • I will have grown-out, half-black, half-blond hair (I'm sure that will be lovely)
  • I will spend Christmas by myself (or with whomever I live with)
  • I will (potentially) develop my own traditions.
  • I will spend Christmas morning giving Kenyan Christmas gifts...watching Christmas movies on a laptop!
  • I will also spend New Year's in Kitale, Kenya.

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

Last year I:
Had Blond hair
Lived alone
Worked on Christmas Day
Was heading to Seattle for New Year's Eve...

This year I:
Have Blond hair
Live alone
Will be working on Christmas AND New Year's Eve

Next year I...
Well, for sure I will have blond hair, but that's as far as I will predict! :)