Monday, November 26, 2007

Upstairs Neighbor

The woman who lives upstairs (I've never met her) is awake all the time.
All the time she's awake and walking around...well not so much walking as stomping.
She likes to stomp to her bedroom at 6am. She likes to stomp to the kitchen at midnight. She loves to vacuum around 11pm, making sure to walk loudly enough that she can hear her footsteps over the noise of the vacuum.

I don't really mind, since evidently I am awake at those times too...but it's always funny when someone new comes over to my house and hears her traipsing around. I like to thumb-point at the ceiling and say "I know, crazy..."

I also like to alternate these two nicknames when referring to her:

Sir Stomps-a-lot
Lead Foot

She's stompin'-it-up real nice right now.

5 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

So funny! I always think MY neighbors below me must say the same about me! And I am up at 4:30am and sometimes work 10 days straight. I often start laundry or the dishwasher at that time and then most of the time work on stuff til 10 pm...I imagine them saying, "Does that woman EVER sleep?"
Maybe I should meet YOUR neighbor!

Gina Vistaunet said...

We have nicknamed the man who lives above Greg the rollerblader. I swear he rollerblades around his house at midnight. That, or he moves his washer and dryer around at that time.

(The word verification I had to type in was POOFU. Funny huh?)

Ange said...

Reminds me of Mr.Heckles

Luke St.Hilaire said...

when my family used to live in an apartment, the neighbors next door were mentally challenged a little, and would do the same thing

except they would watch star wars all the time and crank it. i used to wake up in the middle of the night to harrison ford's voice telling me i'm just a kid

word verification - xfase
totally serious

sunshine said...

i met your mommy!!!