Tuesday, November 27, 2007

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

I bought my very first Christmas tree tonight. It's beautiful...It's very full and symmetric.

The guy who helped me (at Target) was covering for someone who was on a break, so he had no idea what was going on--he kept apologizing...he was so nice...but couldn't really work the chainsaw and I had to remind him to put the protective goggles on...that can't be good)

I took so long that all of my students (who helped pick out the lights, the star and the tree skirt, and were going to help decorate), had to go home.

So, my friend Brian came over and put the stand on for me...and then cut the top so the star would fit on (because I couldn't reach).

Right now I'm sitting next to a well-watered, but naked tree...I'm totally dying to wrap something just so there will be pretty things under the tree.

Tomorrow night, I have three friends coming over to have dinner, watch a Christmas movie and decorate my tree...

I left my camera at work, but I will take photos once it's all finished!

Hooray for first Christmas trees!

4 comments:

ali said...

who else is coming over?
please say david hughes, please say david hughes...
he's my favorite

b.hurst said...

i had a comment i was going to write, and then decided it wasnt very funny. just wanted you to know that i tried.

Julie Hibbard said...

I think i'll do mine today too.
How fun!!! congratulations!!!

Christine.Marie said...

A very fun c-group!!