Monday, November 12, 2007

Irrational Fear #7

I have a tremendous fear of hitting someone with my car...

I don't think that I am a reckless driver, I am pretty sure that I will hit someone who is attempting suicide.

I have a fear that I will be driving down a darker street and have someone come running out of the bushes or trees, right in front of my car...and get hit.

I will be incapable of getting out of the car to see if he is alright.
I will, instead, call the cops and sit in the car until an ambulance arrives.

This is a ridiculous fear...but it's completely true...

3 comments:

Luke St.Hilaire said...

i'd be more scared of a giant moose walking his clumsy moose-walk (not unlike some of the ways we walked this week) in front of your car as a suicide attempt

moose...meese? plural of moose - get lonely up here

Gina Vistaunet said...

I have a similar fear but it's when I drive on the toll road in the fog... I always think a deer is going to come out to the middle of the road. Kind of like Luke's fear. You know I did run over a coyote don't you? Yeah, that was scary.

Erin Brady said...

That is a ridiculous fear, but I think about that every now and then. So to sum that up, perhaps I found a new fear...thanks a lot.