Saturday, November 10, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside

I'm up at Chi Alpha, this weekend, with HSM. I invited myself to be a part of the band, since it's my weekend off from Wildside.

Camp began this afternoon, but we drove up last night to get set-up and sound check. The band is made up of some of my very favorite people: David Hughes, Gecko Luke, Zack Barker, Dominik Michalzik, and Mark Reinhardt (who went home sick and is now being covered for by Carson Leith).

Yesterday, the ride up to camp was filled with some sweet love songs of the 80s (such as "Everything I Do" by Bryan Adams) and 90s (such as "Sometimes" by Britney Spears)...and a lot of laughter.

It's simultaneously fun and awkward being the only girl in the band...we are staying in a giant house, and I get my own room (fun)...but when I got up to go downstairs this morning, I saw Luke in his underpants (awkward)...

It's cold...really cold...and I love it.
I love wearing a long sleeved shirt and a sweatshirt...and a beanie...and thick socks and boots...I'm totally over-dressed, but I just love it too much and I don't have enough cold weather in my life...

3 comments:

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Actually, Everything I Do (I Do It For You) was 1991. C'mon Alice! Check your facts before you type!

Julie Hibbard said...

Sounds like a very sweet weekend!! Have so much fun!
Love cold weather and warm friendships.

Matt Jensen said...

Gecko Luke shouldn't be in anything but underpants ALL the time.