Tuesday, October 23, 2007

TE-HAIR-IBBLE

So, I've had black hair for the last 8 months (or so)...but for the previous 4 years, I've been a blond.

A few people I know had been pressuring me to return to blond...against my better judgment, I gave in: I made an appointment to have my hair re-colored.

That was the first step toward a very long week...

From there, here's a brief version of what happened:

MONDAY:
-- My hair lady got food poisoning from a wedding.

WEDNESDAY:
-- I went to her house to have my hair done.
-- She "stripped" the black color out (she did this twice because it didn't quite work the first time)
-- The "stripping" product turned my hair orange, so she dyed it brown to cover the orange.
-- Then, she started puking.
-- So I went back to work (and had to explain that this wasn't how it was meant to look).

FRIDAY:
-- I went back, she was feeling better.
-- She put twice as many foils in my hair as usual (lots of bleach in each foil).
-- Took the foils out and said "This looks interesting. When I come back from vacation (2 weeks) I'll fix it."
-- I went back to work (crying) and having to (yet again) explain that this is not how it was meant to look.



-- I had to go to San Diego for the weekend...so I wore my hair up for 72 hours. (Luckily, the bangs were not too bad)

MONDAY:
-- I called my mom's hair lady. She had an opening. (at 1:30)
-- She said "Wow. It will be equally as difficult to go to black or blond...so we might as well keep going in the direction she started" (blond)
-- Again, double the foil.
-- This left my roots WHITE, the ends WHITE, and the middle ORANGE.


-- Cut large amounts of my hair off, to try to lighten the weight and keep it strong for more product.
-- Bleach on the orange parts.
-- Now the orange had spread from root to tip.
-- I pleaded with her to dye my hair back to black.
-- She dyed it brown.
-- I went home (crying) at 8:30pm and having to (yet again) explain that this is not how it was meant to look.



TUESDAY:
-- She calls first-thing saying she couldn't sleep knowing what she had done to me.
-- I go in, she dyes my hair black (finally!)
-- Finishes the cut, styles it.
-- I go to work (not crying), ready to explain why I have had 4 hair appointments to have shorter, but ultimately the exact same, hair.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it looks GREAT.

becky

The Maguires said...

I L-O-V-hug the-E it!

Julie Hibbard said...

It's adorable! And the story will make the "Top 30" five years from now!
Love you!!!
You know what I was doing 25 years ago tonight! :)

b.hurst said...

im glad its still black.

i think its cool.

Brent said...

That's quite the ordeal. But...

Happy Birthday!

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I love it....but this is the exact reason I'm too chicken to EVER dye my hair, unless I'm covering up gray.

Cathi said...

1. Happy Birthday
2. Your hair is super cute
3. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Having my hair orange for just 12 hours is still among the experiences I count most traumatic in my life.
4. We'll have to reschedule our get-together- its been way too long since I've seen you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, I like your hair and I love your dinosaur neck in the first picture. Way to go Hibbasaurus!

E.Money said...

it looks really good. one time i had highlights that looked gray and i was in 8th grade. not good. :)

Jordan said...

Wow, if I were you, I'd be so flabbergasted! But you handled it well, and the black looks magnificent on you. (: Happy belated birthday by the way!

Kylee said...

I saw your hair this weekend at church when you sang(which was beautiful by the way!) and I have to say that your hair is adorable! Too bad it took so long to get there!