Monday, October 29, 2007

My Soul is in Your Hands

On Saturday night, I got to sing in "big church". I was asked to sing "My Soul is in Your Hands", my favorite.

I have been singing this song for almost five years. I was given a CD of the background music to take with me on my second trip to Kenya. Since then, I have sang that song in orphanages, prisons, schools, hospitals, parks, churches, fields, playgrounds...all over. I've sang it with friends and by myself.

Dozens of my Kenya memories are attached to this song. I can't sing the words without remembering where I was, who was there with me, how God worked in those moments. You can read one of my favorites here.

As I sang this weekend, and looked around the worship center, I could see the faces of those who have been on various trips to Kenya with me. I know that a lot of their memories from the trips are attached to this song too (mostly because I sing this song everywhere we go for those two weeks. I would imagine most of them hope they don't have to hear the song for several months after we get home.)

It's all I can do to not break down and cry while I sing this...

4 comments:

Luke St.Hilaire said...

never heard of it. who sings it?

oh and i blog again. i promise i wont let you down

kayla rae said...

I love you, I love this song, and I love you singing this song!
Oh, and I never once got tired of hearing it in Kenya!

Julie Hibbard said...

I never get tired of it either. I think one of your links didn't work...to the story of the song. I would love to read that!
This song is custom-made for you. HOpe I get to hear you sing it in Kenya some day.
:)

Anonymous said...

i was dissapointed when I went to big church on saturday and did not get the pleasure of hearing u...

at least the message was good.