Friday, September 28, 2007

Perspective

Isn't it funny how your opinion of something or someone can change based upon your perspective?

I was just thinking...

"I bought you some flowers"
"I made this list of all of the things I love about you"
"I know this is your favorite candy bar"
"I just want to sit by you all day"
"I missed you"
"I baked these cookies just for you"

Each of these simple phrases can be found to be sweet, if they are said by a dear friend or significant other...

Each of these simple phrases can also be found to be intensely awkward, if they are said by a stalker or stranger...

Funny how lovely words from a mouth can be so easily turned unlovable

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I think I'd take these words from just about anyone...
and the cookies and the candy bar and the flowers too!

Heather McTaggart said...

WELCOME TO MY DAY!!! I was feeling the same way today, kind of like knowing something about me, ok kind...but then realizing they said it in an awkward, odd, secretive sort of way...odd! AGAIN..same kind of awkwardness!

The Maguires said...

I wouldn't mind if a dear friend or a stalker said it to me. If I had my own stalker, man, then I'd really have something to blog about.

Bethany said...

How about the phrase, "I'm ready to open-mouth kiss you"?