Saturday, September 22, 2007

Muse


I saw Muse in concert last night....easily the best concert I've ever seen.

The opening band was "Juliette and the Licks"...the lead singer? Juliette Lewis. She was amazing...wearing white stretch pants, knee pads and a double-feather Native American headband. She was exactly what I would expect my aunt Leesa to be like on stage: jumping, falling, dancing...a total performer. I want to be just like her.



Then, Muse. They would start a song and I would think, "Oh, this one is the best"...then the next song I would think the exact same thing. All night...one song and then the next...such good music.

I stood between two friends (who sang at the top of their lungs the entire time) and in front of a dude who kept yelling "Muse!" I was on my tip-toes all night not wanting to miss anything as he (Matthew Bellamy) played unbelievable piano and would quickly switch to incredible guitar...I couldn't help but shake my head in disbelief that one man could be so talented...and that the phenomenal music on the recording could be so well-duplicated in real life.

Wow...I would see them one hundred more times...and I would pay a large sum of money to sit closer to the stage next time...

Oh...I googled "Muse" and laughed when this picture came up as a result, so I figured I should post it as well...and, just so you know, it's a real picture on her work's website...

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

There is nothing like going to a great concert...I think it's one of life's greatest pleasures! So glad you had a good time!!
Love that lady's fro.

Brent said...

So unbelievably amazing!