Saturday, September 08, 2007

Hosanna

I just sent this email to the JH team...but I can't get this song and these emotions out of my head...

ho·san·na
interj. Used to express praise or adoration to God.

n.
1. A cry of "hosanna."
2. A shout of fervent and worshipful praise.


Tonight, as we were singing this song, I got a little teary-eyed.
In light of the 10x10 Vision, the second verse and the bridge were super moving...


I see a generation
Rising up to take the place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith
I see a new revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees, we're on our knees

Hosanna, hosanna
Hosanna in the highest

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity


This last part has been my prayer for the last month or so...
specifically
"show me how to love like you have loved me
break my heart for what breaks yours
everything I am for your kingdom's cause"

Such great phrasing...such beautiful thoughts...I would love to be this person...

5 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Oh my goodness. Don't you see?
You ARE this person.
You are.
Love you so.

jessie estupinan said...

I love this songggg!!

David T. Ulrich said...

i walked into the back of the tent when they were playing this song while you were running the words and you had one hand in the air and the other on the mouse. your eyes were about half closed watching the screen to see when to click, but you were still just worshiping.

it was very neat.

post script: i heard a rumor that you are planning on seeing mutemath/eisley on the twenty fifth and that you potentially could have some tickets for sale?

if the above is true, i am incredibly interested.

sincerely,
david.

ponch0 said...

You are so right! I would love to be this person too...this song is super great.

joshpease said...

Wow ... exactly. The though I can't get out of my head since I've been here is "imagine if everyone of these kids became completely consumed by a common cause."

There are all the recipes for a revolution at this church -- I'm praying for it ... a lot.