Friday, September 14, 2007

David Hughes, This One's For You




This morning, as I was getting ready, I had Saved By the Bell on in the background. It was about 7:50, so I caught the end of one episode and the beginning of another. Let me preface this story with this: it was The College Years, which I don't love, but will happily watch.

Kelly had quit her job at the Health Center and been hired at a restaurant as a waitress. Apparently, her coworkers caused her to go downhill and all of her friends (Zack, Slater and the other two new girls) were really upset with her recent behavior. No worries, though, because Zack talks some sense in to her and, in the end, everything is resolved.

Here's why I tell this story. At the very end of the episode, Zack and Kelly are talking:

Kelly: "You're always there to help me when I'm in trouble...why is that?"
Zack: "Because we've been through a lot together...Can I walk you to class?"
Kelly: "Sure."
Zack: "What is it that we have?"
Kelly: "Chemistry"

(they kiss, the crowd 'awwww's)

And, for some reason, all I could think is "Wow, David Hughes would really appreciate this..."

So, there you go...

5 comments:

Allison Murray said...

i love saved by the bell and zack morris with my whole heart.

David Hughes said...

hahaha...the last line of every saved by the bell episode always rules...it tickles your heart and your uncomfortable bone all at the same time...

...usually i try to keep a zero tolerance policy on lame puns...but zack is different.

...friggin see you at mute math :)


...i owe you money too :)

Zach Zeiger said...

man Zack is soo cool, his name is soo stinkin amazing.

Brent said...

I love Saved by the Bell, and I love David Hughes.

jessie estupinan said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW HEADER! (: