Wednesday, July 25, 2007

If I Had to be A...

Kurt tagged me on his "made-up tag thingy"...so, I'm playing along.

"IF YOU HAD TO BE A _____________ (who would you be and why)"

1. FAMOUS PERSON FROM HISTORY: Jackie Kennedy Onassis. She's gorgeous--the epitome of style and class. She's considered to be a fashion icon...and, in her later years, was a successful book editor. (How could I not aspire to be those two things?)

2. CELEBRITY: I would be Gwyneth Paltrow. She seems very put-together: no history of drug-use, very classy (in her wardrobe, in her movie choices, in her lifestyle), seemingly a good mother who has her priorities straight (family first...) not to mention, she's beautiful and can pull-off a killer fake British accent...oh, and she's married to a British guy (who doesn't want that?!)

3. ATHLETE: Dominique Dawes. I would love to be an Olympic Gymnast...

4. FAMOUS MUSICIAN: I would be Sheryl Crow. I know she has some sketchy decision-making skills (Kid Rock, Lance Armstrong, someone once mentioned a copyright-ordeal from Tuesday Night Music Sessions)...but, honestly, she can write pretty good songs, she can sing and play the guitar, the bass, the piano (and the tambourine, but I'm assuming that's not too hard if you have enough rhythm to play the bass). She's 40+ and still surfs and is beautiful...and she beat cancer, for crying out loud.

5. CHRISTIAN MOVER AND SHAKER: To be honest, this is the most difficult for me to answer. I am well-versed in the worlds of celebrity and fashion...I had to Google "Female Olympic Gymnasts" to find my answer for #3...but this one seems un-searchable. I guess I'll have to go with Rob Bell (I slightly hate myself for this answer), but I really do think he is changing things up. I have a small dislike for Nooma (not out of disbelief in the brilliance of it--mostly because it just seems to be something that everyone loves and I don't just want to be a band-wagoner...I want to form my own opinion). Mr. Bell has made a shift in the "curriculum" feel (at least from what I'm accustomed to) and made it in such a way that it is now attractive to Junior Highers, High Schoolers, College age, young adults, and even octogenarians.

Okay...I tag: Bella Sarti, Wes, My mom, and Amanda Maguire.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

i do like gwyneth...

Leigh Sarti said...

Bella wants you to know that she thanks you for the Tag and has posted accordingly.