Sunday, May 20, 2007

Why Wouldn't I Opt for Rookie of the Year?

I neglected to mention yesterday--other than in conversation to my friend Zack--that there is a spiral staircase in the middle of this hotel room. Honestly, it's as if we're in a movie. Or in the TV show where they have a spiral staircase in the middle of their house...maybe My Two Dads? (Help! What show is that?!)

Here's what the morning has consisted of: waking up early, checking email and reading blogs, going back to sleep. Waking up, coming downstairs, ordering room service for breakfast, watching "Rookie of the Year" (which was on between one channel showing Erin Brokovich and another showing Bridget Jones' Diary--why wouldn't I opt for Rookie of the Year?)

I have also been reading for the last hour or so. I bought a new book, on recommendation from a few magazines. It's called "I Love You, Beth Cooper" by Larry Doyle. So far, it's very clever. The story is about a boy named Denis who decides to change his valedictorian speech on the spot and profess his love to the head cheerleader, Beth Cooper. As teenage novel-y as it sounds, it's actually pretty grown-up...I am really enjoying it. Here's the cover, how could you not be instantly endeared to this book? According to Google, the movie is already in process...



Confession: On my weekends off, and even on vacation, I can't help but watch the clock and think "our service is just starting" or "Kurt is going up to speak right now" or "it's in-between morning services, they are probably playing cards or Frisbee"...Don't get me wrong, I love my weekends off. I just think about our weekend and wonder if it's going well, if students are enjoying it...I know, it's sort of a sickness...but it stems from my total love for my job...

Also, on my next weekend off I will be seeing The Police in concert!

2 comments:

Allison Murray said...

i do that toooooooooooo.
except i'm always praying i didn't forget to do something. ha.

Brent said...

Rookie of the Year = Best movie of all time