Thursday, May 10, 2007

I "Golfed" Today

Every-other month or so, Kurt and Matt Hall take an afternoon off and go golfing.

After our amazing, yet crazy-to-program, series this last month, Katie and I took the day off to go "golfing". Though, our version of golfing involved a lot less caddying and putting and a lot more spending the day at Burke Williams.

I had a facial, Katie had a massage.

We ordered lunch in the spa: sandwiches from a local restaurant.

I sat and read (and wrote a bit) in "the quiet room".

My facial was so relaxing, and the woman told me what nice skin I have. So kind of her.

I really felt like I escaped a bit today...not entirely (my thoughts were numerous--what I should be doing, things I could write about, recent conversations I've had) but my thoughts were clear and I was able to process a lot, which was great.

No wonder the boys love to golf.

7 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

Lucky you with nice skin...
I played real golf yesterday in Riverside in a Special Olympics tournament...our team took 3rd place...was 95 degrees all day and somewhat windy...
no one ever told me I have nice skin and I'm fine with that...but today my face needs a facial and my body could use a massage...
we gotta play real golf soon, you and your driver-to-putt-with...

Gina Vistaunet said...

That is my kind of golf!!!

Brent said...

I was going to applaud you for golfing. Nevermind.

David Hughes said...

I was going to applaud you for golfing too...then I was going to applaud you for using proper quotations in your title. But now I am not applauding at all.

ponch0 said...

I want to go golfing with you!

Mel East said...

omg that sounds sooo relaxing!

jessie estupinan said...

well, then i suppose that you are a "golfer" now?