Tuesday, May 22, 2007

1 Samuel 14:7

Tonight, during my JH small group, we talked about The Importance of Friendship. We looked at a few passages concerning good friendships and weak friendships. (A few Proverbs on "wise" and "foolish", and Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)...


Toward the end of the lesson, we read 1 Samuel 14:7.

"Do all that you have in mind," his armor-bearer said. "Go ahead; I am with you heart and soul."


I asked the girls if there was anyone in their lives that they could honestly say this to. Then I asked if there was anyone in their lives that could honestly say this to them.

As I thought about this question myself, I began to choke up (something I have grown accustomed to recently...God is working in my heart alright).

I began to think that there is one person in my life that I would not hesitate to say this to...and who I am pretty confident would return the sentiment: Katie Edwards.

I know, I know...I blogged about her on Thursday...I should spread the blog love...but that's the truth. No offense to the rest of you, who wouldn't be willing to walk in to the Philistine camp with me...but thanks Kate. I love your guts...and I am with you heart and soul.

Note: I may have taken this out of context...that is a major fear of mine (mis-preaching the Bible)...

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

You have loved Katie forever. I remember asking you when you were in high school how much credit you gave Katie for who you were then. You said, "OH 100% mom--100%!" (I only wanted like 5% for giving birth, bathing, feeding, clothing you and bringing you to church!)
I LOVE Katie and she is going to be stoked to have been mentioned TWICE in one week in your blog!!!
Thank you Katie...I am glad I could help you raise such a wonderful woman!!
:)

Kate E said...

It's funny because I kind of feel honored that I am a part of your life. I am humbled that you view me that way. I love you without judgement, without condition...I love that we are truly friends.