Sunday, April 22, 2007

My New Favorite Story

Last night we had dinner at BJ's Pizza...

I had told Elizabeth that I would call her when I got there so she could meet up with us. I figured it would take about 20 minutes for her to get there and at least that long for us to get a table. Perfect timing, right?

So, I pull in to the BJs parking lot and get out my phone. I turn down the music, and dial Elizabeth. I had just pressed TALK when I saw some brake lights. Sweet! Front row spot! So I quickly stop.

At this same moment, two older (at least 65-70) men walk out from behind a car and think I am quickly stopping to avoid hitting them. I smile, and wave them across, since I am waiting for the parking spot, not for them.

These men proceeded to become the greatest story of my week.

One of the men put one hand up to his ear like a fake cell phone, and shakes his other hand at me in a "no-no" motion, as if I were two. He keeps saying, "No. No. No cell phone."

I smile and continue to listen to the Elizabeth-less phone call.

Then the other man, KNOCKS ON MY WINDSHIELD. (Honestly, I could not make this up!) He knocks on my windshield and says "Close your phone!" While saying this, he makes a close motion with his hands. He repeats himself three or four times, with a totally rude look on his face.

So, I say "Okay" and hang up my phone.

As this is happening, two younger (20ish) walk by and shrug their shoulders as if to say "What the heck is going on? Sorry about that!" I rolled my eyes at the men, watched as they passed and then parked in the spot I'd been waiting for.

I couldn't wait to tell someone. Now it's my favorite story.

16 comments:

Christine.Marie said...

thats really funny. i am glad that you got to share your story! it was entertaining

PETE Di LALLO said...

I hope you got their license plate number and turned them into the parking lot police.

You were outstanding at church last night...sorry we couldn't get together for dinner afterwards...I would have kicked those guys' butts!!!

jessie estupinan said...

ha ha. That is a really good story! (:

Julie Hibbard said...

Old people need to mind their own business. Young people do too!

Matt Jensen said...

i hate all OLD people.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Matt:
I don't hate you...
but you're pushing your luck!

Matt Jensen said...

Pete: I don't include you in the catagory of OLD people. And you shouldn't either.

Allie said...

Oh Old People: when will you learn that young people can ACTUALLY drive, can ACTUALLY talk on a cell phone, and can ACTUALLY do both at the same time?

Brent said...

You should have followed them to their car. Then motioned no-no and said old people shouldn't drive.

Generalization: yes. True: often times. Pete: I'm sure you're a good driver.

Alyssa said...

im not sure i understand... but it seemed like it was heading towards a phone number exchange, eh...?

PETE Di LALLO said...

Matt:
You be speakin with a forked tongue boy!!!
but OK...one last chance to explain yourself...
let's see you get out of this one...
it better be good or you're on my Matt Who? list...

blythe said...

i love old people.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Blythe:
Thank you.........OOOPS! I just fell down and can't get up....

Matt Jensen said...

Pete: I don't understand.

Josh Peters said...

i like olde people. once you add the "e" they become all proper and gentile. they're the best.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Yeah Right Matt...
you just may be too young to undertand adults...
Have a nice day...all is forgiven...