Sunday, April 08, 2007

My Mom Cheats on Board Games

Today was the second holiday in a row that my family has decided to play a board game together after dinner.

On Christmas, we played an 80's Trivia Game...and tonight it was Trivial Pursuit.

My mom has apparently never played a board game in her life...this was evident in her inability to answer her own questions and stay quiet during someone else's turn.

Every time a question was asked, she would yell something. Not necessarily the right answer, just something.

For instance:

The question was..."Which New England state was..." and in the middle of the question she yelled "Massachusetts". Now, this happened TWICE. Lucky for her, she was correct both times. Unfortunately for us, it was only her turn once.

I became frustrated with her and told her that not only was I never going to play a board game with her again, but I was also going to blog about it...so the entire world would be warned.

You can play trivia with my mom, but don't take turns...she doesn't know how.
Her only rule is: Every question is for Julie!

4 comments:

Matt Jensen said...

I know this all too well.

Julie Hibbard said...

But other than that, I am a really nice person.
I will admit I have a problem in this area...My name is Julie and I like to shout out answers or hints at answers when I know them.
I promise, Allison, that I will work on this. Perhaps by Mother's Day, you will have found it in your heart to forgive me and offer me one more chance to play a board game with you.
Sorry.

Brent said...

I love Trivial Pursuit!

Randy said...

For some reason this doesnt surpirse me. Julie has always been one to voice her opinion. Ahh I miss Henry Martin... Anyway I thought i would stop by and say hi to you :-)