Monday, April 23, 2007

I Got Friends in Wil-low Places



We had a few visitors in town from Willow Creek church in Chicago. In this picture are two Scotts and two Allisons. The Scotts brought Tara (not pictured because we didn't have another Tara) along with them to check out Saddleback, but really to just hang out and be fun.

Our weekend was sprinkled with time spent with them. I spent some time, with the Scotts, on Friday afternoon talking programming, and then a group of us went to BJ's Pizza for dinner.

Saturday they came to our JH and HSM services. They helped us tear-down and set-up for the next services (which is something I love about visiting youth pastors--they see the need and always help!) We ate burgers and chicken from the delicious Beach Cafe and then went back to my house to swim (in a cold spa), but opted to play cards instead.

We said goodbye on Saturday, thinking it would be a while before we saw them again...then I got a surprise dinner-invite, phone call last night. So Allison and I met them at Pei Wei, and the had dessert at Lucille's. Here's the whole reason I'm telling this long story...

During dessert, Scott Woods is telling a story and actually says "I just recently told my dad that my sister and I have been doing it for years." (In his defense, this is totally taken out of context, and he did not mean it to be this creepy sounding...but it was just too funny to pass up!)

Thanks for being our friends, guys! We hope to see you so soon!

4 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

If we had a spa you could come over anytime and I'd show you how to turn it on...have you asked the 'owner' how to turn it on?
Spa-ing would have been great for those mid-westerners...

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Oh you and your puns...

Heather McTaggart said...

Thanks for visiting the Beach Cafe with your friends! It was great talking to you and thanks for being "fun!" See you wed?

Allie said...

what else have scott and his sister been doing for years?