Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Two Favorite People in the Whole-Wide World

This may be a heart-breaking post for some of you, but for the two featured, it is hopefully flattering.

This is Josh Griffin. He is my very favorite (boy) person on the planet. He is the creator of theforce.net, the world's largest Star Wars fansite. (Josh, did I phrase that correctly?) He is the father of four great kids, and has the coolest wife. Josh, in the last year or so--specifically in the last few months--has been a huge cheerleader for me. He is a constant source of encouragement, wisdom, comedy, and advice. In the last few days I have been asking him to come and work in the Student Ministries area just so I could spend time around him. It may sound strange, but it's really comfortable to be around people who like you no matter what...and that's him.
And so, he has earned this title in my head.




This is Katie Edwards. (She does not have a blog, but I would definitely read it if she did.) Katie has been my favorite (girl) person on the planet for a long time. Katie and I have known each other for more than half my life. We met while I was puking in the bathroom during 6th grade summer camp because I was so homesick. (My counselor had just broken up with her boyfriend--Jeff Maguire--which is why she told me to go outside while I was barfing--lovely.) There is no one in my life who is more supportive than Katie. She knows me better than I know myself. Last week, I told her something about myself and she said "You don't think I already knew that? I did." Katie returned to Saddleback staff almost a year ago, and has changed the face of my job, my approach to ministry, my life in the last year. She is my best friend, my biggest fan, and very much what I hope to be. (Also pictured: her kid, one of the coolest, most well-behaved kids ever. Not pictured: Her kick-A husband.)
Because of this, she has earned this title in my head.


KENYA 2007:


KENYA 2005:

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I have tears in my eyes. You and Katie have many puke stories, including the bag-o-puke on the freeway...I love Katie (Sadler)Edwards too!!
And Josh...never actually met the guy, but read the blogs daily!! I have heard so much about him and NOW, with this testimony, I am a TRUE believer...
So glad you are surrounded by great people. Of course, you're pretty great yourself!!

Jen Panunzio said...

The comment you put on Matt's blog is so funny! I have never heard that one...you are so creative. I think those shirts are lame too although I do own one that says "If you can't teach with the big dogs stay out the classroom." It was a gift...I wouldn't buy it for myself and I wear it to bed. haha :)

E.Money said...

i am not heart-broken. i dont want be your stupid favorite person of all time anyways. :)

Brent said...

I'm a little sad I didn't make the cut. I love Josh Griffin though. I saw him at Chipotle today. He is one of my favorite people in the whole-wide world too.

P.S. I'm not really sad about not making the cut. I wasn't in the running anyway.