Tuesday, March 13, 2007

McSweeney's

My favorite book in the whole-wide world, "A Heart Breaking Work of Staggering Genius", was written by a man named Dave Eggers. Dave Eggers has some sort of tie to the website McSweeney's. I visit the site every once in a while...I really only read the "LISTS" page...and most of the time the political humor is over my head...occasionally, I laugh out loud. Tonight was one of those times...

Here are a few lists that made me laugh:

Things I Desperately Wish Women Would Say to Me on First Dates.


Words Never Used in the Titles of Remotely Good Films.


The Only "Cute Couple" Halloween Costumes My Boyfriend and I Will Be Able to Use in Our Lifetimes, Because I Am 5'2" and He Is 6'7".


Reason for Celebrating Every Major Holiday With the In-laws, According to My Mother-in-Law.

Things an Overbearing Mother Might Say to a Son Just Waking From a Coma.

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

That is a GREAT site! I read through a lot of those lists...hilarious. The best is "Ikea product or Lord of the Rings Character?"
I just finished A heartbreaking work. So so good.

Matt Jensen said...

I laughed at "the hidden minus world in Super Mario Bros" and "a bar graph"

Alanna Moine said...

VERY funny! Thank you for that. I blogged about Dave Eggers today too. Ha ha.