Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Things I Think Are Funny

I was thinking about a bunch of nothing this afternoon...here is some of that nothing:

--that "Ghetto Superstar" and "Islands in the Stream" are the same melody

--that some people insist on wearing very small amounts of clothing to the gym

--that very sweaty men think it is okay to hit on women while at the gym

--Junior High girls...the way they tell stories, the way their minds work...

--that people like Star Trek enough for multiple series to exist

I forgot the rest...

6 comments:

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Ghetto Superstar has the same melody as Islands in the Stream because of something that exists in the hip-hop industry called "sampling". It's where they take the melody from old songs and put it into a new one and have P Diddy dance in the video to it. Can't wait till Friday!

Matt Jensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt Jensen said...

I was thinking that Josh Treece would be the first person to post a comment on all your blog posts.

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Maybe we're on the same blog post/blog reading schedule?

Brent said...

Yeah...all day every day Josh?

Jen Panunzio said...

I just sang "Ghetto Superstar" and "Islands in the Stream" in my head to see if you were right and...you are! Thank you! My students are taking their final right now so I was going to sing it out loud to break the silence but I think I will refrain.