Monday, January 01, 2007

January 1st(s)

This New Year's Day (2007) I am laying in bed at a hotel in Seattle...watching movies (Vegas Vacation, Groundhog Day, Dumb and Dumber). I go back to work tomorrow...I'm actually pretty excited. Matt's in Germany with my brother.

Last New Year's Day (2006)
I ate pancakes with chocolate chips at my Grandma and Grandpa's...then I took a nap on the couch and was covered with napkins by my cousin. (Matt was in New York with my brother) I had one day off and then went back to a job that I had worked at for a year.

New Year's Day 2005 I was in New York with Matt Jensen. We walked around and ate...It was pretty cold...but very fun. We had been dating for 3 months...I came home on the 2nd or 3rd and went back to work that Tuesday. I had worked at the church, in this job, for 1 month.

New Year's Day 2004
I had just moved back to CA from London...we had a few people over and ate chocolate chip waffles with peanut butter. Alanna, Amber and I wore my Soundsation dresses...Micah and Mario came over. Everyone had to bring a movie they had never seen before and we watched movies all day...we watched Pollock...and Arlington Road. Depressing movies. I was working at Starbucks...so I didn't really have a huge schedule...relatively kick-back...and I had a month off of school...those were the days.

New Year's Day 2003 I was preparing to go to Kenya for the first time. A few people came over and we watched the Rose Parade and ate waffles...that was a good tradition. I had 1 month left of my internship...and no clue what I was going to do next...other that continue with school. At that point, I had no idea that I would move to London 7 months later.

New Year's Day 2002, 2001, 2000 we did the same thing: Ryanne, Alanna, and a few others (mix and match) would spend the night--after some sort of dinner/party and we would lay around and watch the Disney Channel all day (Model Behavior, Wish Upon a Star, etc)...and eat (waffles, pizza...anything we could have delivered and not have to get up off the couch.) In pajamas all day, no need for showers of change of clothes...In 2000, I worked at the church, 2 days a week. I began my internship in Feb of 2001, so I had a plan that year...but not a major one...

Oh, so fun...New Year's is such a fun start to another fun year.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Wow. That's quite a memory. I barely remember last week, let alone the last several years.