Monday, December 04, 2006

"The One With the Morning After"

I'll admit I have seen the ten seasons of FRIENDS too many times to count...
Even so, there are two scenes that bring me to tears EVERY TIME.

1. Ross breaks up with Julie and tells Rachel "It's always been you, Rach"-->The One With the List
2. Ross and Rachel break-up because of Chloe. He tells her he can't live without her hands, her good heart...they are both crying.--> The One With the Morning After

I watched the latter scene this afternoon. I was cleaning my room, I wasn't even actually watching the show...and still, I cried.

There is something to be said about the writing of a show, or the acting of a scene if it can evoke this kind of emotion even after a dozen times.

2 comments:

Eric said...

I could not agree with you more.
Who says its wrong for a guy to cry in an episode of friends. Im going to go home and watch those episodes tonight.

Julie Hibbard said...

Oh my dear...what about Benjie the Hunted?? Now THAT was one tear-evoker!