Saturday, October 21, 2006

My Favorite Restaurants in the World #11

This post may cause me to lose some food-credibility...if I had any to begin with...

McDonald's.

I love it. I love the Chicken Nuggets when dipped in Sweet and Sour sauce. I love the french fries. I love the 99-cent double-cheeseburgers. I love the Diet Coke. I love the McFlurry.

My favorite part about McDonald's: it tastes the same EVERYWHERE. I know people complain that it is processed and frozen and blah, blah, blah...bottom line: that just means the freshness and taste is consistent world-wide.

Amsterdam airport. You've just come off of a 10-hour flight from America. Your body says it's dinner-time, but Holland claims it's 4am. There is a small food court with about 3 choices: danishes, pizza, McDonald's. I vote McDonald's. You know how it will taste, you know how it will settle in your stomach, you know that Kenya is devoid of all McDonald's and thus you must get your fill now.

London. It's raining, you are in Harrod's. Your choices: eat in the expensive Starbucks on the first floor, pick up a few things in the deli and sit on the curb outside to eat, or walk a few doors down and eat at McDonald's. (To be totally honest, I would hop the tube to the closest Wagamama)...but of those 3 immediate options: McDonald's.

I'm sure some of you shake your head in disgust at the thought of a McDonald's extra value meal...I nod my head in delicious memories. That is why this is called MY favorite restaurants and not THE best restaurants.

1 comment: