Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Austin Revisited

As a whole Austin was not a terrible place: relatively clean, not too many cowboy boots, decent service, no tumbleweeds.

Will I be revisiting anytime soon? Not a big chance, no.

I'd happily revisit my memories from this past trip:

1) Arriving at Kurt's 8:00 session only to find that he was not there...Calling Matt Hall at 8:02 and waking them up. They ran around like crazy to make it by 8:15...and Kurt apologized about a half-dozen times for being late.

2) Watching Katie speak...and taking notes about ways I can improve the way I do ministry...with both JH girls and our adult leaders.

3) Taking a long afternoon nap in a huge comfy bed...

4) Watching the "performance dance worship" duo in the exhibit hall.

5) The club called The Cockpit. Somehow when I am on vacation with Kurt and Katie we pass a rainbow plastered club (or 2).

6) Dinner at TGI Fridays, the bat bridge, Oh Heck...pretty fun Saturday night.

We did not take any pictures. So sorry...
We had a great time and I came back with a list of small things I hope to implement to make our ministry even better!

No comments: