Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Favorite Restaurants in the World #6

I know these are supposed to appear on Saturdays, but I figured since I missed it, you probably did too.
Thus, I will post it on Tuesday.

The featured restaurant for today is: Lucille's BBQ, located in Brea, CA...quite near to the Brea Mall (and "The Hat"-the original).

Though I have not been to the South, I like to think that Lucille's is as close to authentic Southern food as you can get in CA.

Let me explain: the beverages are served in little jars...alongside the drinks they serve hot biscuits with apple butter...Then comes the main course. Typically, I order a few side dishes in lieu of a main course...that way I get a small portion of everything I wanted to order. So, with Matt Jensen's full rack of ribs (only about $30, not too bad) comes my sides: macaroni & cheese (which is mouth wateringly delicious), garlic mashed potatoes (also high class), and an appetizer of chicken fingers, or something to make me feel less stupid for ordering 2 side dishes.

Now, I never said this place was low-carb...looking at my order you might wonder if there is anything healthy. I think there are some salads on the menu, but who wants lettuce when you could be eating homemade mac & cheese? Not I.

Honestly. If you have the means, I highly recommend checking it out.

I told Matt Jensen that I would buy him a full rack of ribs for each Harry Potter book he finished. Needless to say, we have not been back since. (That was a year ago!)

No comments: