Saturday, September 02, 2006

My Favorite restaurants in the World #4

In order to enjoy this favorite restaurant, you would have to travel all the way to the other side of the world.
This is not 100% a restaurant, but it is the 'catering' part of a hotel...so there is sitting and food involved.

My favorite restaurant for today is THE KITALE CLUB.

The Kitale Club is the "hotel/resort" we stay at in Kitale, Kenya.

Now, I know what you're thinking...you're thinking I was hurting for restaurant ideas, or just wanting to insert Africa...but you are incorrect.

The Kitale Club happens to make the BEST grilled cheese and french fries ever. Honestly. That is my favorite meal in Kenya. So much so that on my first trip, that is all that I ordered for lunch and dinner for 2 weeks. They also make a mean 'chicken and cheese' sandwich.

If you have the means, I highly recommend checking it out. Oh, and order a Coke. Because Coke from a glass bottle...with grilled cheese and french fries...magnificent!

3 comments:

Nicole Lovato said...

I love the Grill Cheese and Fries too! I also like the tortilla things, but I can't remember what they are called!

Cathi said...

I concur. The grilled cheese at the Kitale Club is excellent. I would also add their steamed carrots...who knew a vegetable could be so delicious!!

Leigh Sarti said...

I like the Kitale Club, but only because here are the options:
Kitale Club, or go hungry.
I only eat there because there is no other choice. I do like that they have their logo on all their dishes. I don't like that the dishes are still the original hotel dishes from the 1930's