Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

Jason Pogue told me that it's stupid to have a recurring blog on Saturday's because nobody reads blogs on Saturdays. (Not entirely true; I read blogs on Saturday...twice.)

Anyway, I decided to create a Tuesday recurring blog as well. This one will have very little to do with food...and, instead, have everything to do with other things I love.

And now, for your enjoyment, Guilty Pleasure #1.

Guilty Pleasure #1: Love Songs on the KOST
(These are, in no way, in order. This was just the spark of this mighty and beautiful flame.)

Tonight as I drove home from my mom's, I sang along with Diana Ross and Lionel Richie to "Endless Love".
I have to say, I loved it. I really liked singing

"No one can deny, this love I have inside. And I'll give it all to you. My love. (My love, my love). My endless love."

The best and worst part about it? I found myself hoping that the next song would be Olivia Newton-John "I Honestly Love You".

But seriously, one night I was Kosting along with Karen Sharp and I listened as she read the dedication, "Sally is Kosting along in Bellflower. She says she loves you Jim and she is so glad that you've decided to open your arms and give her your heart. So she's dedicating this next song to you, Jim. She's hoping you'll be her forever lover...And so, from Sally to Jim, here's "Pour Some Sugar on Me" (okay, so it wasn't Def Leppard, but it was something ridiculously unfitting.)

So, that's my Guilty Pleasure.
Stay tuned.

Oh, and check in on Saturdays. (but not you, Jason Pogue)

3 comments:

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Alice, you got a mighty loud laugh with the Def Lepperd reference. Strong...

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I'll admit it. I'm a Koster.
Sometime I wonder....
Where do broken hearts go?

Alanna Moine said...

this reminds me of the radio game in high school. You remember that? First person to name the song artist and sing the next line of the song...

that was a fun game.