Monday, August 21, 2006

fake or flight?

How do you act around someone you don't really like?
What if you have to spend mass amounts of time with them?

Do you play fake?
Do you confront the situation and let it be awkward as all get out?

I'd really like to know.

Right now, my response it to play fake. I act as though this person is my friend (or at least tolerable), when in reality I can't wait until the conversation is over and I can walk away.

How long do you wait before acknowledging to yourself that you just don't mesh with this person and stop trying?
I hate being fake. It feels so see through...but I don't think I can react in any other way...

Maybe I sound shallow...or stuck-up...but I have a strong suspicion this person feels the same way about me.

Help!

9 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I had the same kind of run in yesterday. The route I'm taking is being cordial but not going out of my way to be buddy buddy. The hardest part is when they have NO clue and they think you are BBF's. I feel your pain.

Mike Lovato said...

I'm glad you can finally be honest about how you feel about me. J/k. I agree with Courtney. You're cordial, but not buddy buddy. I don't think there's a need to confront unless there's been an actual hurt committed against you that needs to be confronted and forgiven. If it's just, "I don't care for them that much" then I think you just try to get along as best you can.

Eric said...

I could always tell there was some ackwardness when we hungout.

E.Money said...

having lunch with you yesterday inspired me to write a blog about this very subject.

ohhhhhhhhh feel the burn! :)

i'm such a nerd.

Josh(ua) Treece said...

I have always been one to say that I think that it is perfectly OK to not like someone. It is, however, not OK to treat them badly. Unless it's having an effect on your life or your job, be nice, but try to avoid long road trips or games of Twister with them.

Also, you have a bad sentance in this post.

Jason Pogue said...

First of all, I would like to know what BBF's are? (see Courtney's commment) Second of all, I would stick with The Golden Rule - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

BBF= Best Buds Forever

Allison said...

nice save on your mistake Court!

Unknown said...

Listen, if you don't like me, just come out and say it.

JG