Sunday, August 13, 2006

Books...

I found this on Mark Oestreicher's blog and thought it was pretty cool.
I'd be interested to read other people's answers to this as well. (Especially you, Josh Peters)

1. One book that changed your life: Intensity by Dean Koontz. This is the book that made me love reading. (The same is true for you, Alanna, right?)

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: The Complete Works of Shakespeare or the entire Harry Potter series.

4. One book that made you laugh: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers. Good stuff. It reminds me a lot of having a conversation with Todd Cooper...only better.

5. One book that made you cry: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. (Really anything he writes makes me cry)

6. One book you wish had been written: How to Become the People Magazine Crossword Puzzle Author. My dream job...honestly.

7. One book you wish had never been written: War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy...I'm sure as an English major I'm not supposed to say that, but has anyone actually read this book? I don't think so. People like to claim they have...they're lying. I tried to read it once, but I couldn't...

8. One book you’re currently reading: Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings. This was part of my agreement with McGill: if he read Harry Potter, I would read this book. He has since read the entire series and I have read 3 pages.

10. One book you’d like to write: How to Love Shakespeare. So few people do.

2 comments:

b.hurst said...

i'll admit it... i do not love shakespeare. sorry.

Alanna Moine said...

agreed...on #1 and #5.