Monday, July 24, 2006

My dad was supposed to run across America.

Yep. That was the original plan. 50 miles a day for 60 days. New York City to Newport Beach. We are flying to New York on Sunday...so that we could be there when we began his run on the 5th. This was the plan until Friday night at midnight. (So technically, first thing Saturday morning.)

At 12:01am on Saturday, July 22nd, the propane tank keeping the refrigerator refrigerating in the RV that was meant to house my dad on his run exploded, blowing a hole in the roof and the driver's side of the RV.

The fire was so strong that even a team of firemen could not put it out in time to save the RV.

Luckily, my dad's 15 pairs of running shoes, 70 DVDs and the camera crew's equipment was not harmed in the fire. Unfortunately, everything else was ruined. Including the plans they had for the team (with my dad's dog) to leave Saturday at 10am to drive to NYC to meet my dad for his departure.

I am unsure as to what the exact plans are now. I'll update you as I find out. I may just be in for a sweet NY vacation.

No comments: