Thursday, July 13, 2006

Embarrassment with Austin Carty

So...Austin Carty from Survivor: Exile Island is here at the conference with us this week. (While searching online for a short video to show at the conference we found a Lie Detector Game that told us he was once a Hanes Underwear Model.) He flew in today, went out to dinner with us and came to our evening session. Just thought I'd let you in on what quickly became my MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT.

Austin walked in to the Tent and I saw him searching for someone who could point him in the right direction. Here was our interaction...
Allison: "Hi! Can I help you?" (In true customer-service form)
Austin: Are you Jana?
Allison: No, I'm Allison, but I can still help you out.
Austin: Oh hey, I'm Austin.
Allison: (interrupting) Oh yeah, I know who you are, I saw your underwear model thing online.

Not "I saw you on Survivor"...not "I heard you were coming to the conference"...
Nope. Here's me: I saw your underwear model thing online.

Yep, I'm stupid.

1 comment:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

This makes me laugh very hard, and I feel a little stupid for you! I would had ended the conversation with...yep, I'm totally awkward and I would have hung my head and walked away.