Monday, November 07, 2011

I Really Wish I Had A Clever Title For This Post.

A few highlights from this week:
  • I began writing a novel for NaNoWriMo (it is much more difficult--but, thankfully, also more fun--than I had anticipated)
  • My phone completely died. I went large portions of time this week without a phone. (It reminded me of Shannon's post about phone loss and its accompanying fears.) After many hours of "restoration", I threw in the towel and picked up a replacement. I don't think I'd realized how nice it is to have a fully functioning phone.
  • I attended a Hootenanny on Saturday. There was great music and were quite a few interesting people: I met one girl who writes and directs documentaries that depict the injustices facing children around the world and another who studied theology at Oxford.
  • I started reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. The author, Jonathan Safran Foer, is married to Nicole Krauss, author of A History of Love (one of my all-time favorite books). So far, it is beautiful.
"I like to see people reunited, maybe that's a silly thing, but what can I say, I like to see people run to each other, I like the kissing and the crying, I like the impatience, the stories that the mouth can't tell fast enough, the ears that aren't big enough, the eyes that can't take in all the change, I like the hugging, the bringing together, the end of missing someone[...]"
What are you reading right now? Are you enjoying it?

No comments :